The Eagle Talon is the tomahawk that started it all. It was the first all-steel integral designed tomahawk and has been the keystone for all other RMJ tomahawks. This hawk was inspired by 18th Century French and Indian War tomahawks that Ryan had been making for years.
In the Spring of 2001, Ryan was commissioned by members of the USAF 820th Security Forces to design a tomahawk that featured 18th century lines and 21st century engineering - a tomahawk for modern combat use. Work began, and by the fall of 2001 the Eagle Talon Special Forces Tomahawk was seeing action in Afghanistan.
Features of the Eagle Talon Tactical Tomahawk:
- The spike can be used for general hole punching, and is capable of punching through a standard Kevlar helmet. It can also be used for climbing.
- The forward cutting edge is flat ground for general cutting purposes.
- The beard of the tomahawk is hollow ground and sharpened, allowing the user to hook and rip his adversary at the same time.
- The all-steel integral design ensures that there will never be a head-handle separation.
The Eagle Talon is equally at home in urban warfare as it is in the mountains and forests. In the woods the Eagle Talon can be used for climbing, digging, chopping wood and clearing brush. In urban situations the Talon excels as an entry/exit tool and as a rake and break tool for windows. The Eagle Talon can even be used to chop through a standard cinder block wall.
We are phasing out tube rivet construction for attaching handles and replacing them with handle hardware as you can see with this new Eagle Talon edition. The hardware will allow simple handle changes to give you the chance to run any color handles you would like. There is a link below to all of the available handle sets.
LINK to additional Handle Sets
Great for: Breaching | Utility | Emergency / Safety Tool | Preparedness Kit
- Overall Length: 7 in
- Overall Height: 18 in
- Forward Cutting Edge Length: 2.875 in
- Blade Thickness: .400 in
- Weight: 1 pound 15 ounces (without sheath)
- Blade Material: 80CRV2 Carbon Steel (HRC 57-58)
- Sheath: Molded kydex sheath and Low-Ride M.O.C. straps
- Handles: Carbon Fiber
- Coating: Black Elite Cerakote
In the box: Eagle Talon Tomahawk, Kydex Sheath with Low-Ride M.O.C Straps, User Documentation
If we don't have the product in stock, please shop our dealers HERE