The Eagle Talon is the tomahawk that started it all. It was the first all-steel integral designed tomahawk and has been the keystone for all other RMJ tomahawks. This hawk was inspired by 18th Century French and Indian War tomahawks that Ryan had been making for years.
In the Spring of 2001, Ryan was commissioned by members of the USAF 820th Security Forces to design a tomahawk that featured 18th century lines and 21st century engineering - a tomahawk for modern combat use. Work began, and by the fall of 2001 the Eagle Talon Special Forces Tomahawk was seeing action in Afghanistan.
Features of the Eagle Talon Tactical Tomahawk:
- The spike can be used for general hole punching, and is capable of punching through a standard Kevlar helmet. It can also be used for climbing.
- The forward cutting edge is flat ground for general cutting purposes.
- The beard of the tomahawk is hollow ground and sharpened, allowing the user to hook and rip his adversary at the same time.
- The all-steel integral design ensures that there will never be a head-handle separation.
The Eagle Talon offers full tang construction made from 3/8" 80CRV2 carbon steel and has a Black Elite Cerakote finish for increased corrosion and wear resistance. This is a very heavy use tool and the full tang construction absorbs impact while the hardened striking surface of the head delivers powerful impact force without chipping or shattering. The Black G10 scales offer a contoured 3D texture that works effectively in both wet and dry environments without an overly aggressive feel. The 3” forward facing edge is razor sharp and is complimented by a 3" distal tapered spike that can be used for digging, shattering tempered glass, penetrating sheet metal, hacking through concrete and wood or breaking chains and hardened padlocks. It is also a highly functional piece of kit for first responders who require a tool for breach and extraction work.
The Eagle Talon is equally at home in urban warfare as it is in the mountains and forests. In the woods the Eagle Talon can be used for climbing, digging, chopping wood and clearing brush. In urban situations the Talon excels as an entry/exit tool and as a rake and break tool for windows. The Eagle Talon can even be used to chop through a standard cinder block wall.
Great for: Breaching | Utility | Emergency / Safety Tool | Preparedness Kit
- Overall Length: 7 in
- Overall Height: 18 in
- Forward Cutting Edge Length: 2.875 in
- Blade Thickness: .400 in
- Weight: 1 pound 15 ounces (without sheath)
- Blade Material: 80CRV2 Carbon Steel (HRC 57-58)
- Blade Coating: Black Elite Cerakote
- Handles: Black G10
- Sheath: Molded kydex sheath with Low-Ride M.O.C. straps
In the box: Eagle Talon Tomahawk, Kydex Sheath with Low-Ride M.O.C Straps, User Documentation
If we don't have the product in stock, please shop our dealers HERE